-
September 7th, 2006, 09:50 PM
#11
Inactive Member
todd
i have a 15A and do i need to vent this.. i ask this cuz right now im in the middle of building my kitchen and i did not plan on ventting it. well let me ask you this what would be the down fall if i did not vent it..
thanks
joe
-
September 8th, 2006, 06:16 AM
#12
Inactive Member
That picture is priceless! Thanks for sharing it!
-
September 8th, 2006, 11:28 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Boy am I glad I reread your post after seeing the picture. There for a while I was thinking "Oh dear, I hope being able to draw like that is not prerequisite for owning a Chambers"
I think that sketch gives a good reason for retro venting...looks great...v
-
September 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
#14
Inactive Member
The lady who gave me her stove (she had had it since it was new) was also an artist, and had drawn the stove years ago when it was installed in her home. I had asked her how it was vented back then, so she very kindly found this drawing and sent it to me. I thought you all would like to see how some folks hooked 'em up back in the 40's. Her kitchen was built in the early 30's, so perhaps she used an existing vent.
There's also a scan of the note she sent with it that explains the missing backsplash lights.
Just double-click on each image.
[url="http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tura.heckler/#page1"]http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tura.heckler/#page1[/url]
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 12:12 AM: Message edited by: RobbiQuest ]</font>
-
September 8th, 2006, 04:08 PM
#15
Inactive Member
great sketch... however that would not work out for me. if you could imagine i dont have a wall behind my stove and im in the basement. so that is why im worried if i HAVE to vent the stove. any thoughts are helpful.
thanks.
-
September 8th, 2006, 06:55 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I had that problem when I vented my old vent over
the oven at the lake.
They make a kit with flexible duct work and a cover
you can run the duct work where ever you need it
cut a hole to the outside wall, and mount a spring
loaded door on the outside. This is a forced air
system and is hooked to a conventional vent a hood.
But the fan forces the air to the outside and opens
the spring loaded door. when the fan is off the
spring cloeses the door over the vent.
I don't know if this helps or not.
The kit was a special order and ran 38.00 approx
12 years ago.\
Hope this helps
Pokey
-
September 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
#17
Inactive Member
i guess what i need to know is. do i have to vent this. what would happen if i dont vent it. i know the kit you speak of but again that would not solve my problem. i really just need not to vent this.. im a little worried what would happen if i dont vent it.. bad gases???
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks